Friday, March 14, 2014

Tribute

So, I don`t spend much time here anymore.

But I wanted to stop by and post this photo. And I think I will share it with my friends at http://alphaflight.net/content.php as well.

This is done in honor of my father. I don`t really feel like I have grieved his passing yet, and I am not sure that I ever truly will. As much as I miss him, I also feel so blessed to have had him in my life. The words he dispensed, his encouragement, his belief in me, the example he set for me; these are all things that I cherish so much. I cannot begin to express how much he has meant to me.

And though he is gone, I find myself comforted by everything about my father, for he left behind good fruit that he had spent a lifetime planting and watering. And that fruit is his family and friends.

This photo cannot honor my Dad in the way that I want it to. But it is really all that I can do, and so I do it.

My Dad was never much one for computers. Or the internet. He definitely wasn`t a person who liked comic books, like I do; he preferred reality to fantasy. But the list of thing that he WAS, far surpasses the list of things that he WASN`T. That is rare in a man nowadays.

Most of all, my Dad loved people. And he was in my corner, by my side, he had my back, and he was FOR me.

And he will be remembered mainly for that, by me.

Thank you, Dad, for many great years.

In loving memory of Allan Ross Combs, 1923-02-25 to 2013-12-19.


1 comment:

  1. Two questions: do you know about his military service - where he served, what unit, etc.? and who is that adorbs blonde lower right! What a cutie pie

    ReplyDelete